segunda-feira, 15 de fevereiro de 2016

The software engineer and the frog

A young software engineer is hiking through the woods when he hears a small voice calling to him. He looks around, puzzled, but doesn't see anyone. "Hey! Down here!" Lowering his gaze, he sees a frog looking earnestly back up at him.

"Please help me," the frog pleads. "I'm actually a beautiful girl, but a witch put a spell on me and turned me into a frog. Kiss me and I'll regain my natural form. I'll be forever grateful to you."

The young man gently picks the frog up, notices a twinkle in its eye, then carefully puts it into his shirt pocket and continues his hike. "Wait!" says the frog. "Don't you get it" I'm a woman. I'm young, stunningly attractive, smart, and witty. We'd be perfect together! I'll be faithfully devoted to you. All you need to do is kiss me!"

"Look," says the man. "I'm an engineer. I spend my days writing code, tweaking algorithms, obsessing about features and efficiency. I spend my evenings online or reading. I covet my weekends as my "alone time," when I immerse myself in nature and ponder the mysteries of life, humanity, and the universe. See, I really don't have time for a girlfriend. But, hey, a talking frog? Now that's cool!


Vocabulary Help
covet - cobiçar
Don't you get it - VocÊ não entende
Down here! - Aqui em baixo
faithfully - fielmente
frog - sapo
hears - ouvir
hiking through the woods - caminhando na floresta
I'll be forever grateful to you - Serei sempre grata a você
Kiss me - beije-me
Lowering his gaze - abaixando o olhar
Now that's cool! - Isto sim é legal!
pleads - implorar
ponder the mysteries of life - ponderar sobre os mistérios da vida
put a spell on me - colocou um feitiço em mim
puzzled - surpreso
regain - recuperar
shirt pocket - bolso da camisa
smart - esperta
software engineer - engenheiro de software
spend - gastar
stunningly attractive - estonteantemente atraente
talking frog - sapo falante
turned me into a frog - me transformou em um sapo
tweaking algorithms - fuçando em algoritmos
twinkle - brilho
witch - bruxa
witty - perspicaz
writing code - escrevendo código
young - jovem


Visto no Aprendendo Inglês
http://www.aprendendoingles.com.br/shtml/2016041

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...